Monday, March 27, 2017

Another Day


Today was day two of my new job. The computer systems were not working so I was only productive in the since that I showed up on time and left only moments after arriving. At which point, I spent a better part of two hours with my mother. After this, I went home where I watched a documentary on the history of Einstein's General Theory of Relativity. This was about an hour long, but it was interesting to learn how unknown Einstein was up until his elder years. Following this my brother and his girlfriend wanted to go to the gym, and I myself felt the need to get out of the house for a while. We spent about and hour there, splitting the time between cardio and lifting exercises. We did close grip bench press, dips, and sets of hammer curls. As for cardio they both enjoy running; I however prefer to walk at a fast past. I have always found this to be much more enjoyable and it always feels like I produce some of my most productive thinking as I walk. While walking today, I tuned on a YouTube video produced by Dr. Jordan Peterson. He argues for free speech and in the video I watched he talked to another professor about this topic. I will link the video here. Dr. Peterson is one of a handle full of people that I am constantly watching and listening too. This may in a large part be due to the fact I study psychology and wish to pursue clinical practice. Anyway, I digress. Once I got back to the apartment, I sat outside with a Pepsi and one of my books and read a chapter out of it. This was a new book I just started yesterday, and it talks about the use of cybernetics. The chapter I read today was mainly focused on the concept of Entropy. I went back inside after the sun went down, and read a couple of pages from Beyond Good and Evil. I find this book very hard to read, mostly because I can read one page and it promotes a whole day's worth of thought. The last book I have been reading before I head to bed is always Crime and Punishment. I'm about a hundred pages into it now and I am finding it harder and harder to put down. It has been a long time since I have been this fascinated with a narrative. I have a personality test tomorrow and I have done nothing today to prepare, I am beginning to feel very sluggish when it comes to school. I feel as is I learn and understand more when I study on my own accord. Four months of lazy, busy work is not for me I guess, but what is there to do other than suck it up to receive that magical little paper that states you can now earn a decedent living pay. Anyway, today was overall a good day. Tomorrow I am back at school, and I hope something will interest me....     

No comments:

Post a Comment